Monday, March 3, 2014

Busy with the everyday

I know I haven't blogged in the last two weeks, and I don't want you to think I've forgotten, it's more just that life has been a little slow and busy all at the same time.  Matt has finally really started working a lot, which is great.  When we first got here his training had been delayed due to a lack of instructors, but now things are up and running for him.  He actually had his first checkride (aka pilot exam) and passed!  Yay!  So studying for that consumed life for awhile; then he also had to work two weekends ago.

As for me, work had a bit of a dry spell the last two weeks of February, but then over this weekend I worked almost 12 hours.  It's not ideal, but when work comes in, I take the work.  So combined with Matt working two weekends ago and me working this weekend, we haven't had a lot of time to go out and explore, which has meant no fun things to blog about.

Ethan and I did make it out to the New Mexico Flea Market at the Expo Center last weekend.  It's just like a big flea market/yardsale on the parking lot of the Expo Center that they have every Saturday and Sunday. It was nice to get out and enjoy the weather, but the flea market itself was underwhelming.  However, the Rio Grande Arts and Crafts Festival is this weekend, which I'm excited to go to.  It's supposed to be one of the top art festivals in the nation with paintings, photography, jewelry, ceramics, wood, metal and glass art, and more.  I love that kind of stuff, even if I don't buy anything, I really enjoy wandering around and appreciating everyone's hardwork and creativity.  Plus, if there is something I like enough to buy, I love having original pieces.

Other than all of that we're just doing our day-to-day thing.  And Ethan is always growing, of course.  His first round of molars are all pretty much in and now his four canines are starting to cut through.  Poor little guy went from cutting eight teeth over about a year to now cutting another eight teeth in the last two months. He's doing great, though.  He's down to one afternoon nap and is completely sleeping through the night.  His vocabulary grows everyday, with some of his new words being "airplane," "edamame," and "octopus."  He's great at putting away his toys and using a fork.  He's also great at locating his nose, eyes, ears, mouth, legs, belly and feet.  We're working on knowing where his tongue is now, just because it's fun to see him stick his little tongue out. :)

Anyway, hopefully we'll get out and explore somewhere new this week so I'll have some fun pictures to post, but until then, here's a few pictures I took on my phone:


Cuddling on the couch, watching Tangled (Ethan's favorite movie), waiting for Matt to get home from work

Playing with his MegaBlocks construction set from Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment