Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Catching up...

Okay, so my blogging last left off after the boys and I got back from our visit to Maryland and I know this is going to be cheating a little, but I think I'm just going to make this post a catchall and get myself up to date. Otherwise, I may never be back to "real time" blogging. So here are some fun highlights of the last two and a half months:

At the end of April, I'll be honest, we didn't do a whole lot. Matt was gone and I was alone with the boys, so just getting everyone fed and bathed was a daily success for me. And speaking of bathing, the boys took their first bath together in April. It is totally the norm for us now, though, because one bath is way easier than two baths. :)

Then at the beginning of May, Matt finally came home - whew! A few of our highlights from May? Ethan came down with Scarlet Fever (who knew that was even possible anymore??) and we did fun stuff, like shoot off rockets.



Next up is June, and I really can't say I was sad to see May go, it was just a long, rough month. So in June the boys' had their school pictures taken (adooorable), I got to meet my dear friend's newest little bundle and we took our first vacation together as a family of four to South Bethany, Delaware, along with my family and Matt's Mom.








 



After 24+ hours of traveling home from Delaware (2.5 drive to the airport, 7 hours on the plane [including a 2 hour delay boarded on the plane, sitting at the gate], an unexpected night in a hotel and a 3.5 hour drive from Albuquerque to Clovis) we had never been so happy to see Clovis, ha. :) That brings us to July (almost up to date!!!). So for the 4th of July we celebrated by going to a squadron party, which was a ton of fun (but I sadly took no pictures). It was a little crazy because everyone buys their own fireworks around here and just shoots them off all throughout the night, but the party was still fun. Ethan, however, made me lie in bed with him until he fell asleep because all the booms and bangs going off outside his window had him a little unnerved. Poor guy.

Then the following weekend (aka three days ago) was a squadron pool party, which Ethan LOVED, but again, I forgot to take pictures (boo!). I was just so happy to see Ethan loving the pool, he didn't even want to get out. I think we're gonna need another trip to the pool to strike while the iron is hot and make a water baby out of my not-so-baby baby boy after all. :)

And that is that, folks. I am finally up to date! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment