Sunday, January 19, 2014

Daycare, Bowling and Fish, Oh My!

This past week was our first full week in New Mexico.  Ethan started daycare on Monday and aside from a scratched face, everything went really smoothly.  I guess one of the other kids got a little too excited around Ethan's face?  The scratch is from the outside corner of his eye, down to his nose, but it's healing really well already (and it's given Matt an excuse to call Ethan "Scarface").  Overall (other than that awful first night), Ethan really seems to be doing well in New Mexico.  He's down to one nap in the middle of the day and pretty much off of formula (finally!).  He sprouted a few more teeth this past week, but hasn't really let us see them much since they're way in the back.  That being said, Matt did teach Ethan to grin!  If you say, "Show me your teeth!" he'll give you the biggest, cheesiest smile.  It's really cute. :)
Friday night we took Ethan bowling for the first time, which he absolutely LOVED.  He was in awe of all the bright colored balls and struggled with the concept of waiting his turn.  I ended up bowling most of my turns while holding him (not the easiest thing to do).  And when it was Ethan's turn we got a ramp so he could just push the ball down the lane.  Needless to say, we will definitely return to the bowling alley in the near future.
Yesterday I worked aaaall day.  Seriously.  All day.  I pulled an eleven hour day editing a document for work.  I was really happy to have the opportunity, and actually enjoyed the work, but working eleven hours on a Saturday is no fun.  Matt was amazing and watched Ethan the whole day.  I don't know who was more burnt out by the end, me or Matt, lol.
Then this morning, we took Ethan to the aquarium.  I don't think he loved it quite as much as he loved bowling, but he definitely had fun checking out all the fish. :)  Now we're spending the afternoon watching some football, enjoying some homemade pretzels.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment