Saturday, May 16, 2015

Our second family

After my Bradley was born it wasn't just our relatives that stepped up to take care of us, a huge help to us was our Air Force family here. I truly can not say enough amazing things about the way our Air Force family took care of us after Bradley's birth.

Even before Bradley was born they were taking care of us. For example, when we got 8 inches of snow and I was 38 weeks pregnant and Matt was away for work, three men showed up outside my house, shoveled my sidewalk and entire driveway and drove away. Had I not been home and heard them, they never would've even knocked on the door to let me thank them. It was pretty amazing. And when we spent five hours in the middle of the night at the ER because Matt was having gallstones, our Air Force family was there that night to take care of us.

So it was nothing different after Bradley's birth. They were there for two weeks straight bringing us meals, love and support, and whatever else we needed. It was wonderful and something I will remember for the rest of my life. And something I can only hope to be able to payback to my Air Force family today and in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment