Monday, November 3, 2014

Our East Coast Visit

As most of you know, we traveled back East earlier this month for a two-week-whirlwind-family-and-friend-visiting-extravaganza. It was the perfect time to go since Matt just finished 13 months of training and hadn't been assigned any responsibilities at his new squadron (which can make it difficult for him to travel and get away from work) and I'm not too big yet to be really uncomfortable flying. As for our other traveling partner, let's be real, there's never a "perfect" time to travel with a toddler, lol. He did do really well on the flight out, but the flight home definitely pushed us to our patience limits a little more. Note to future self: Make sure the tablet actually charges prior to flying so you don't end up with a dead tablet 30 minutes into a 4 hour flight.

Anyway, we started our trip in Clovis (obviously) and drove to Albuquerque where we slept our first night. Then from there we woke up and flew to Baltimore, where we stayed at my brother's house. We woke up bright and early there and drove to New York, where we got to spend time with both sides of Matt's family and some of his friends, too. Next we went from New York down to Delaware where we stayed with one of Matt's best friends for a night. From Delaware it was onto Maryland where we visited with my family and friends. Whew. I'm tired just typing that, lol. It was seriously SO wonderful to see everyone, but darn if we weren't tired when we got home! And I think when all was said and done we slept in 8 different places... over a period of 14 nights. Ha.

Now for pictures. I'm just sorry I didn't remember to get my camera out and take a picture with everyone we saw, but hey, if you took pictures while we were visiting, please send them my way, I'd love to have them. :)

Hotel snuggles in Albuquerque

Flying from Albuquerque to Baltimore

Playground in Highland Falls

Apple picking in Warwick with Philly friends

Playground in Warwick

Visiting with Sarah and Kim

Ethan's first selfie

Feeding a friend's horse in New York

G-ma and Ethan feeding another horse

It's pizza time!

Ethan and Grandpa

Cousins!

Four generations (me, my mom, my grandmother and my son)

Matt's first ride in the firetruck

Dinner in DC with Matt and Candice

Me, my oldest friend and our babies <3

Boteler Family Photo

Tractor ride with Pop!

Goodbye, East Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment