Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mini Update & Thanks

I haven't blogged in awhile, so I just figured I'd give a mini update on life over the last month.

- The MP (aka Gigi) came to visit us for a week at the beginning of the month and man were we thankful! She helped us get so much done around the house in terms of unpacking and settling in. It was just so nice to have an extra set of hands and an extra spirit to keep us (read: me) motivated and moving. Plus, she helped me bake cookies - yum! We were all sad to see her go, but are looking forward to her visiting again (next time with Pop, too!) at Christmas time. :)


- Ethan has been at his new daycare for almost a month now and the kid LOVES it. Seriously, he's excited to go to school everyday and comes home singing (literally, his teacher sings all the time and now he sings at home too, it's adorable).


- My pregnancy is moving right along. I just hit 28 weeks on Monday (aka my third trimester) and am feeling great. My only symptom these days is a little bit of heartburn, but I had that with Ethan, so it was no real surprise. Maybe this little guy has a full head of hair, too? Only time will tell. :)


- As for Matt he is just busy with work. He actually worked this past weekend, so we're all looking forward to some family time over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Oh and he is super excited to use his new grill to rotisserie the turkey. :)

And speaking of Thanksgiving, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say what I'm truly thankful for this year. So many wonderful things have happened, I think it's important to sit back and reflect on those things and never take blessings for granted.

- I am thankful for my husband. He is my best friend and my rock. I couldn't have picked a better person to go on this journey with and feel so blessed to call him mine every day.
- I am thankful for Ethan. He is the most wonderful little ball of joy and energy that continues to amaze me everyday. We have put him through so much this year with two moves and four different daycare classes, and he has just been awesome through the whole thing, continuing to show us his strength and ability to adapt with each life change.
- I am thankful for a healthy second pregnancy and can't wait to meet the newest member of our family next year. Now if only we could come up with a name... lol. :)
- I am thankful for my family. Leaving behind everything I knew in Maryland and DC was definitely a new adventure, but my family has been so wonderful coming to visit and making time to Skype and always keeping in touch. I know they are all hundreds of miles away, but they are always there when I need them.
- Finally, I just want to say how thankful I am for all the men and women in the United States Armed Forces. Joining this new squadron this year has opened my eyes to a different side of the military that I was never exposed to before. It's no longer "if" Matt will deploy, but now just a matter of "when" Matt will deploy and that has brought everything so much closer to home for me. I am just so thankful for all the men and women who sacrifice their lives daily for this country and wish them peace, health and happiness during this holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment