Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's a boy!

Now that the cat is "officially" out of the bag, I thought I'd write a little post about the newest member of our family. :)

Thumbs up!

So as of Monday, I am 18 weeks along with a due date of February 16th. I've been really lucky with this pregnancy feeling great the whole time and barely even knowing I was pregnant, other than, well, knowing I was pregnant. :) Then yesterday we found out we're having another boy! Yay! I'm really excited for Ethan to have a little brother AND now we get to reuse all that adorable baby boy stuff we have sitting in storage. :) The tricky part is just coming up with another boy name, ha. We struggled SO much to decide on Ethan it'll be interesting to see how long it takes us to choose a second boy name.

As for Ethan, he doesn't really get "it," but when we ask him where the baby is he'll point to my belly. And when we say, "Give the baby a kiss," he kisses my belly, which is just adorable. The day we were going to have the ultrasound where we'd find out the sex I asked him a handful of times that morning if he wanted a baby sister or brother. He answered sister every time. Then when he came home from daycare that day and we said, "You're going to have a baby brother!" His response was simply, "No." Lol. I guess he's still adjusting to the idea.

Anyway, we're really excited (and okay, let's be honest, a little terrified at times at the thought of two kids, lol), but mainly, we're just excited. :) And if you have any name suggestions, send 'em my way! I'm open to anything, just don't be offended if I veto your ideas. I've been known to do that. A lot.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! How exciting. So happy for y'all. As for boy names, the ones I like can be a little on the oddball side . . . but the more innocuous ones are Alex, Greyson, Becker, Sawyer, Patrick and Benjamin.

    ReplyDelete