Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas is coming...

This weekend was the squadron children's holiday party (aka Frozenpalooza). The spouses who organized everything did such a nice job and I think all the kids had a blast. Ethan especially loved getting to decorate his snowman cookie and then, of course, eating his decorated snowman cookie. Unfortunately, Ethan was a wee bit terrified of Santa. Like mother like son, I suppose. It was really neat, though, because Santa had a gift for each child there and called their names up to sit on his lap and receive their special gift. Our child, of course, was the only one who screamed at the top of his lungs in protest when Santa called his name and we attempted to get him to walk up to Santa. I won't lie, though, I had flashbacks to my own childhood when the whole thing happened so I was a little extra sympathetic. So I ended up taking the gift from Santa, and then Ethan happily took it from me and opened it and (to no surprise) loved the gift. I'm hoping Christmas Eve/Christmas morning will go a little smoother, though, since Santa will just secretly visit us at night and Ethan won't actually have to interact with him, lol.

Decorating his snowman cookie


Mmm... tastes just as good as it looks!

Ethan's reindeer holiday card. Note my "sample" reindeer over on the right side of the card, lol. Matt called this Ethan's "Picasso" interpretation of a reindeer...

Watching Elsa sing "Let it Go"

Frozenpalooza (aka Frozen sing-a-long with real life Elsa, Anna and Olaf)

And Santa has entered the room...

Our attempt to have Ethan simply walk up to Santa and accept a gift from him...

Cheery old Santa Claus

Unwrapping his gift. Note the tear still streaming down his cheek.

And now we're all smiles with our new farm book! Yay!

All that Frozen-Santa-fun was on Saturday, so then on Sunday we ran a few errands and then after nap time we worked on some holiday crafts. Matt was outside in the garage (still unpacking) so at one point when he came in Ethan proudly announced, "Look Daddy, Ethan do art!" :) It was pretty adorable and made me happy because I could tell he was really having fun with what he was doing.



After all that we spent the rest of the weekend continuing to unpack boxes (yes, we still have boxes left to be unpacked). Slowly but surely we will unpack this house and every box in it! I mean, my goodness, yesterday I found a wedding gift that had never been used. We celebrated our 3 year anniversary this year! For so long we just lived with half our stuff in one place and half in another, it's definitely nice to finally have all of our stuff, together in one house. Now to just finish unpacking all these darn boxes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment